June 27, 2013

Updates and Concerns




Updates and Concerns

Today I am 9 weeks into my pregnancy, the 9 week cloud will always hang over my head as this is the week I lost my little bean last year. I haven't updated in weeks and for that I am sorry, its been a whirlwind summer for me so far. At 7 weeks I decided to drive to Dallas with my mother to visit my younger sister who just got her first place. I spent most of the trip helping her move not so heavy things and skirting the issue of why I wouldn't lift anything too heavy. Lucky for me she figured I was lazy and didn't really want to help, which let's face it at 7 weeks isn't far from the truth. So after a whirlwind of activity I came home Sunday afternoon and late in the evening had a bright red bleeding scare. I immediately emailed my doctor about my concerns and she had me come in on Monday at 7w 4d to see my little peanut on the big screen. I was so pleased to see that peanut had a heartbeat of 154 and looked to be in good health. I was then given the news that I had some slight bleeding behind the sac and if I were to have sex or do anything strenuous I would again bleed bright red. So with my fears of miscarrying we (my doctor and I) decided it would be best if I go on a sort of modified bed rest. The next big event for me was an interview for a teaching position closer to home and after two interviews I was given the job. I am looking forward to beginning this new job opportunity, but at the same time I am nervous to go into a new job with a pregnancy. I have not mentioned my pregnancy to my new employer, hell I haven't said anything to family or friends, and most likely wont until September when things start to die down at my school. 
This past week has been a whirlwind for me, I have had symptoms come and go leaving me with anxiety that things may be heading south. I have recently begun cramping it started towards the end of the 8th week and has progressively gotten worse (total of 3 days). I will be honest I am not eating very well, I don't want to cook and my husband refuses to learn so that leaves me eating out an awful lot. I also haven't been drinking very much water which I can now see is a BIG MUST. So with cramping for the past 3 days I can now add a bout of diarrhea to my list symptoms. I have emailed my doctor again for peace of mind, I don't expect to be called in for my current woes but I wanted to make sure that what I am experiencing is normal. Tomorrow is my 29th birthday, last year I was pregnant on my birthday as well, but I didn't know it. I pray that this year brings me all the joys and love a woman can ask for. I pray that I can celebrate my 30th with a toddler on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment