July 14, 2013

Telling my "Sisters"

Telling my "Sisters"

Since I had been keeping peanut a secret from everyone I wanted to tell my sister first. I know some may say why not my mom "grandma to be" but my sister and I are BFFs we laugh, we cry, we scream, and we fight but always together. I couldn't imagine giving her such life changing news over the phone, seeing as she lives in Dallas, so I drove 4.5 hours to tell her she would be an aunt. When I arrived at her apartment I handed her a cute hallmark card that included a short letter from peanut and his/her week 11 ultrasound picture. My sister was so excited for me and hugged me several times telling me over and over congratulations. She strongly wants peanut to be a boy and refers to peanut with that pronoun whenever she calls to see how we are doing. She will be throwing my baby shower in November and am excited to see what she comes up with.
At the Breakfast Klub celebrating my brother going away to Marine boot camp 

I don't know how old we are in this pic but we are only a 1.5 apart

My next stop in Dallas was a visit to my sorority sisters house to tell her the good news as well. My line sister and link, LaTisha, is my "sister" from another mother. She is my BFF and has been one of many who have prayed for our little miracle so telling her after my sister just seemed right. When I arrived at her house I held my purse in front of my stomach (dumb disguise I know) and we greeted each other with big hugs and big smiles. She and her husband were staring at me smiling and I was staring back at them smiling, which eventually led to me asking her if she needed to tell me something to which she replied "Do you need to tell me something?" So I did, I told her all about peanut and they were both excited for us and told me to call Dave so they could congratulate him as well.  So I put Dave on speaker phone and they both congratulated him on our pregnancy and then asked if we wanted to be the godparents of their baby. It took me a minute to respond and then I looked at Link (we call each other link and it can get very confusing to those who don't know us) and screamed "Are you pregnant too?"  She nodded yes and I cant believe we are going to be pregnant together. Obviously this is my first, but link is a veteran as she has two kids already. I'm super excited to be a godmother and even more excited to have our kids grow up together.
Link and I in Las Vegas 
Hanging out in a limo in Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment