June 7, 2013

What A Beautiful Sight



What A Beautiful Sight
Today I am 6 weeks and 1 day, today I saw a heartbeat on the "Big Screen" also known as the sonograph machine. As soon as my doctor found my baby I let out a sigh of relief, as I had spent the morning worrying about what my doctor may or may not see. Dr. Timmins as always was very sweet and I once again realized why she is one of the most sought out OBGYNs for Texas Children's Hospital. She joked with me when she arrived to put my mind at ease and went straight into searching for piglet vaginally. As soon as she spotted "him" she took a few pictures and then the momma in me demanded to hear the heartbeat. She stated that because piglet was so small we may not get to hear it and  she was right, but she did point out the heart on the screen and said it was beating a lovely 108. On the screen I could see the tiny little flicker of the heart and for me I got a little treary eyed as I was a little sad that DH would have to hear about this instead of see for himself. Doctor Timmins informed me that piglet was measuring 5 weeks and 5 days and that it was okay for there to be a little date discrepancy as its only -3 days.
Seeing the heartbeat today was exciting and emotional for me as its one more hurdle I have overcome. My next appointment is July 12th and I should be 11weeks along, I hope the next few weeks fly by as I can't wait to see my baby again. I want to again ask those who read my blog to send out positive vibes and send up prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment