April 25, 2013

TTC Prayer


TTC Prayer

One of my New Years Resolutions for 2013 was to read the Bible in its entirety and thanks to my iPad Bible app (yes there's an app for that lol)  I am well on my way. With the app you can choose plans and the version of the Bible that you are interested in which makes for a much quicker read. I say all this to say that although the verses are pre-chosen for me I sometimes feel that what I am reading is helping me on my TTC journey. 
A few nights ago I read about Hannah, a woman who was barren and wanted to have a child of her own. She prayed to God for years asking for a child and promised that if she were to become pregnant she would turn the child over to God as a servant. Well Hannah became pregnant and bore a son whom she named Samuel which means "God Hears" and she gave him over to the Lord as promised. The story of this woman touched me, it talked about how she was taunted and humiliated for being barren and yet she kept her faith in the Lord and continue to pray for what she wanted. Reading this story has reaffirmed for me that God does hear my prayers and he knows what my heart desires, I truly believe that I will be become a mother someday as long as I keep my faith and continue to pray for my blessing. I sometimes find myself wanting to wallow in self pity and accused God of abandoning me, but he hasn't and I wont stop dreaming of a child with my hair and Dave's eyes. I ask that God grant me the patience to become a better me and wait on the gift he has for me. I believe that God can preform miracles and I so badly need one now.
If anyone reads this blog post any prayers you can send up for me would be greatly appreciated. I am closing this post with a song that melts my hurt every time I hear it and leaves me with tears of joy.

Tamela Mann written & produced by Kirk Franklin, Take me to the King


No comments:

Post a Comment