April 17, 2013

Egg Donor???



Egg Donor???

The week after my HSG appointment I was on cloud nine, I figured God was finally cutting me a break in regards to my fertility struggles and that things were starting to turn around. When I arrived for my appointment on April 12, 2013 I never in  a million years thought that my fertility would be nonexistent. I never thought my doctor would open with "You wont be able to give birth to a biological child." That sentence damn near stopped my heart, I couldn't believe that this is what 2.5 years of TTC would end with. After telling me about my option to use eggs from a female donor I almost cried. DH and I have always dreamed of children with my eyes and his hair, etc... and now those dreams wont come true. I was so shocked after my diagnoses that I didn't really take the time to ask questions and understand what it all meant. He stated that my AMH came back undetected meaning it was less that .16 and that the likelihood of anything being a success was slim to none. They gave me a packet on Egg donor and talked about what would happen next if I chose to go that route and ushered me out of the hospital with this new heavy burden. I have decided that even though I was given such a gloomy news I am not giving up just yet. I am now looking into alternative methods (vitamins & working out) to improve improve egg quality and give my last few eggs a fighting chance. I figure the egg donor route will always be an option, but I will only have so many years left within my peak fertility age bracket. If anyone reads this please send a prayer up for me as I embark on this new road to mommy hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment