January 16, 2014

Hospital Bag


Hospital Bag

One thing I have not looked forward to doing since I became pregnant is packing my hospital bag, to me it's so final and it being packed makes me feel as if Kai will come soon. I know that may sound weird but it has been overwhelming  to think about getting Kai's, Dave, and my things together. I have had many sleepless nights dreaming about labor starting and having nothing packed and ready to go. I have even had crying fits over all the  items I need to pack and gather into the bags. Of course my husband doesn't understand why I am acting so strange and feels that I am working myself into a fit for nothing. He will never fully understand how my mind works and how I need things to be DONE.

It is nice to say that our bags are just about packed and I only need a few last minute items to complete this task.
  • Nursing tops ordered from H&M
  • Photo card for new camera hubby brought for me this Christmas
  • A robe
  • Going Home outfit for me (looking for a cute sweatsuit)
My hospital bag was purchased from Urban Outfitters in 2013 and is a doctor bag, I no longer see it on their website. However I adore this bag so much I have it in two colors (beige & black).


What am I bringing to the hospital for me:
  • Maternity jeans and shirt to go home in
  • Robe
  • Shower Flip Flops
  • Sports bra (laboring in tub)
  • Ace Velcro Bandage (Postpartum)
  • 2 pillows  
  • 2 nursing tops
  • 2 pajama sets (button top and matching bottoms)
  • Socks
  • Slippers
  • Toiletries (Dave and myself)
  • Heating Pad
  • Hair ties
  • Chap-stick
  • Camera 
  • Kindle book
  • Ziploc bags (wet or soiled items)
  • Baby gift bags (for packing all of my freebie hospital goodies away)
  • Boppy Pillow
  • Medela Breast Pump (So I can get help form the lactation consultant on how to use)
My Timi and Leslie Charlie diaper bag is the bag I packed for Kai. It's a pretty large and stylish diaper bag and I have secretly wanted one since I started TTC 3 yrs ago and spotted Jessica Alba with it. I placed it on my baby registry and was presently surprised that my uncle and hid wife purchased it for me. I love it, the picture below does it no justice so if you have the time Google "Charlie Diaper Bag." I think this bag will be perfect for cloth diapering which is what we're doing, because it is so large.


What I am bringing to the hospital for Kai:
  • Aden & Anais swaddling blankets
  • Two outfits for him to come home in I couldn't decide
  • Nipple cream
  • Birth book
  • socks
  • mitts for his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment